Adjusting the thread trimmer cam position:
- Remove the to cover.
- Loosen the two set screw (1). And then adjust the position of the thread trimmer cam (3) so that the distance between the edge of the collar shaft (2) and the edge of the thread trimmer cam (3) is 0.2-0.5 mm. After adjusting, tighten the two set screws (1).
Feed belt tension adjustment:
- Move the X feed bracket (1) so that it is in the middle of the sewing area in the Y direction and ad the edge of the sewing area in the X direction.
- Loosen the two bolts (3) of the X-pulley braket (2), and then provisionally tighten them at 19.6 mN.m
- Press the M5x25 screw through the countersunk hole in the side of the bed and screw it into the tap hold in the X-pulley braket (2). Then adjust the belt tention to 220-225 N.
- Tighten the two bolts (3), and then remove the M5x25 screw.
- Measure the belt tention once more and check that it is 320-350 N.
- Be sure to use a belt tention gauge to measure the belt tention, and measure from bottom of the belt.
- The belt tention gauge should be set to measure a unit weight of 0.04 kg/m, a belt width of 30mm and a span length of 370 mm
- The recomanded belt tention gauge to use is the Dr. TENSION TYPE-II manufactured by MITSUBOSHI BELTING LTD.