The technology which is used to modify the appearance, outlook comfort ability and fashion of the garments is called garment washing.
Objects of Garment Washing:
Garment washing is the best touch of a garment. Same type of garments can produce several effects for several wash.
- To create wash look appearance, seems the new touch of fashion.
- By the washing technique, faded/old, color or tinted affect .
- Washing technique creates new fashion such as tagging, grinding, destroy, blasting, whickering, permanent wrinkle, deep dye, tie dye, p.p spray, hand crapping, p.p spoonzing etc.
- To reduce size materials that imports soft hand feels.
- To attraction the customers/buyer by different types of fashionable washing and market development.
- Due to washing, shrinkage occurs in the garments. There is no possibility of further shrinkage of the wash garments.
- Any dirt, spot or germ if added in the garments during manufacturing is also removed due to washing.
What is Washing Machine?
Washing machine is the machine used to wash the various types of clothes without applying any physical efforts. With washing machine you don’t have to rub the clothes with hand or squeeze them to remove the water from them. The washing machine is also called as clothes washer or simply the washer.
Type of Garment Washing Machine:
- Front Loading Washing Machine.
- Side Loading Washing Machine.
- Top loading washing machine.
- Stone Washing
- Semi-automatic washing machine.
- Fully automatic machine.
Front Loading Washing Machine:
|Front Loading Washing Machine|
Features of Front Loading Washing Machine:
- Available with complete stainless steel inner & outer drum Front door.
- Long lasting rust free operation.
- Auto timed, auto reverse, auto temperature control.
- Auto Water Level Control
- Electrically operated water & steam valves.
- Separate motors for wash & extract.
- Ideally suited for laundry wash & stone wash.
- Easy loading & unloading through large toughened glass door
Side Loading Washing Machine:
|Side Loading Washing Machine|
Features of Side Loading Washing Machine:
- Electrically & mechanically interlocked, S.S.Loading & Unloading doors
- Drive : Heavy duty motor co-ordinates with gear box, Pulley V Belt drive
- Electrical Control : Well protected for performance auto timed, auto reverse & auto digital temperature control
- Protective device against single phasing, reverse phasing and motor overload
- Gauge glass cork pair for water level indication.
- Front display of controls through pilot lamps, push buttons, water level indication etc.
- Electric, Steam or thermal fluid heated
- Automatic features like auto timed, auto reverse, auto temperature controller with inching devise.
- Side Loading, open pocket, single & Double door, ideal for larger laundries
- Performs all Type of wash with soap, detergent, bleaching, acid, stone or any chemical wash including dying
- Ideally suited for Denim/Stone Washing, Enzyme Washing, Garment Dying & Bleaching, Softening, Milling Operation (for woolens)
- Interlocking system for main door opening for extra safety
Top loading washing machine:
In this washing machine the clothes are loaded from the top of the washing machine. There is a cover at the top that helps loading and unloading of clothes in the round vessel that perform the function of the washer as well as the rinse and drier in the fully automatic washing machine.
|Top loading washing machine|
Stone Washing Machine:
|Stone Washing Machine|
Object of Stone Washing:
- To create or produce irregular fading or old looking affect on garments.
- To remove dust, oil spot, impurities from the garments.
- For soft felling to wear the garments i.e; to improve softness.
- To achieve the buyer washing standard.
Differences between Front and Side Loading Washing Machine:
The main difference between a side loading and front loading washing machine is how the clothes are placed inside. A side loading machine has a hinged lid on side, allowing the clothes to be placed inside a horizontally-oriented watertight tub. In the center of this tub is a device called an agitator? The agitator’s job is to swirl the clothes through the soapy water. A front loader has no central agitator, but uses gravity and side-mounted paddles to agitate clothes. Once the front door is closed, it remains locked mechanically until the washing cycle is complete.
Advantages of Garment Washing:
- Starch materials is present in the new fabrics of he new garment are removed, hence feels soft during use.
- Softness feeling of garments could be further increased. Washed garment could be wear directly after purchase from store.
- Fading affect is produced in the garment in regular or irregular pattern.
- Fading affect could be produced in the specific area of the garment as per specific design.
- Different outlook of garment could be produced in the garment by different washing techniques.
- Similar outlook can be produced in the garments by different washing techniques.
- Initial investment cost to set up a garment washing plant is comparatively lower.
- Dirt’s and spots if present in the garment are removed.
- Shrinkage occurs in the garment washing, hence no possibility of further shrinkage.
Parts of the Washing Machine and their Working:
|Parts of the Washing Machine|
- Water inlet control valve
- Water pump
- Agitator or rotating disc
- Motor of the washing
- Printed circuit board (PCB)
- Drain pipe
How to Use Your Washing Machine:
- Select a wash temperature that’s as close as possible to the maximum wash temperature on the care label.
- Choose the proper spin program.
- Put detergent in the machine.
- Put the dirty items in the machine.
Band Knife Cutting Machine:
Band knife cutting machine is an endless and looks like a loop. It is used for the cutting of fabric rolls without cardboard-inner tube. It is important instrument of cutting fabrics. This cutting machine works automatically according to the height of the relevant material. This machine is with special blower decreases resistance between fabrics and table, which enables the fabrics be moved easily and be cut precisely. And it could adjustable speed to fit different fabrics. Band knife cutting machines have been recognized around the world for many years for their high quality even when faced with difficult customer-related conditions and in applications with demanding materials.
|Fig: Round Knife Cutting Machine|
Features of Band Knife Cutting Machine::
- It comprises a series of three or more pulleys, which provide the continuous rotating motion of the knife.
- An endless knife is used here.
- Knife is usually narrower than on a straight knife.
- A large size of table is used to support the fabric & for cutting.
- Air blower blows the air to minimize the weight of fabric.
- Balls in air blower help to move the fabric in different direction.
- Automatic grinder is used.
- In this method machine is stationary but fabric is movable.
- High speed r.p.m. motor is used.
- Required a large space for it.
- This is like a saw mill cutter.
- Knife life time depends on fabric type & uses of machine.
Advantages of Band Knife Cutting Machine:
- Suitable for any types of line.
- Very large productivity for limited product
- Such as collars, cuff, placket etc.
- Automatic grinder grind the knife instantly
- Air blower helps to reduce the fabric weight which increases smooth movement of fabric.
- Possible to cut 900 angle of the lay.
- Intensity of accident is low.
Disadvantages of Band Knife Cutting Machine:
- Not suitable for large component due to the length of the table.
- Work load is high as machine is stationary & fabric is movable.
- Running cost is higher.
- Required fix space.
- Not possible to cut fabric directly.
Source : Internet