We will discus here the procedure of thread take-up spring adjustment. maximum of the sewing machines adjustment is almost same. So like to request first learn how does this function work.
How to Adjust thread take-up spring
The standard position of the thread take-up spring (1) is 6 to 8mm [4–6 mm for -4 & 5 specifications] above the surface of the thread guide (3) when the presser foot (2) is lowered.
- Lower the presser foot (2).
- Loosen the set screw (4).
- Turn the thread tension bracket (5) to adjust the spring position.
- Securely tighten the set screw (4).
Thread take-up spring tension
The standard tension of the thread take-up spring (1) varies in accordance with the machine specifications as shown in the table.
- Push the needle thread with your finger until it is slightly higher than the thread tension bracket (5) and so that the upper thread is not pulled out.
- Pull the upper thread down until the thread take-up spring (1) is at the same height as the base of the thread guide (3), and then measure the tension of the thread take-up spring (1).
- Insert a screwdriver into the slot of the tension stud (6), and turn the screwdriver to adjust the tension of the thread take-up spring (1).
NOTE: If using the tension gauge (7) (sold separately) to measure the tension, take the reading from the scale on the side of the red line.
we will continue our tutorial if you have any advice please email to us. firstname.lastname@example.org